From the last few decades, recycling has gained high popularity. People become more aware to secure the environment for the future generation. Therefore, knowing the serious effects of printer cartridges land filling, people prefer to recycle them. But, do you know what happens your ink or toner cartridge during the recycling process? Yes, this is a very interesting question and many printer owners want to know the answer. In this write-up, we will explain the printer cartridges recycling process along with ink cartridges recycling benefits for newbies.
Let’s know why it is important to recycle your printer cartridge:
Why Printer Cartridge recycling is Necessary?
- Reducing landfilling: Reusing or recycling help in reducing waste from land in the form of landfills.
- Save Resources: By reusing the old cartridge, we can save our virgin resources in the form of plastic, metal, ink, oils and many more used to create cartridges.
- Water and energy saving: Recycling has biggest advantage that we can save water and energy that will be used to create a new cartridge.
- Decrease Green House Effect: based on researches, it is observed that reusing your 1 million cartridges every day helps to reduce greenhouses gases effect from the environment.
What happens to the cartridge during the recycling process?
Different recycling organisations use cartridges in different form. But, the majority of companies collect all ink cartridge at the commonplace and start sorting. Some of the reputed company buyback their cartridge, therefore those were sent back to them. OEM use those cartridges to manufacture a new one. All the remaining cartridges processed further as follows:
- Toner is best used to make new roads. Due to their non-biodegradable features, it makes roads that can last for many years.
- Remaining Ink cartridges can be used in low-grade printing purposes.
- Ink cartridges clean plastic can be used to make pen tip. There also many other uses to use it.
- To create toner cartridge special metal is used while recycling these are used the same to create a new cartridge or for some other purposes.
- The rest material or say outer plastic of cartridges can be used in timber like in furniture, fencing or gardening etc.
Now, let’s dig deep and know more about these printer cartridges usages for different purposes:
- Reuse: There are many organisations that specifically work on these cartridges reuse. They check the cartridge condition and guide where these cartridges can be further used with minimal efforts to change its position.
- Use in related products: This is a stage when the product reaches its last stage and only a few options are left. During this stage of recycling, the used ink cartridges are used in creating of next cartridge. In simple words, making little changes your old cartridge is converted into a new one. There are also that not only a few parts of cartridge but the whole old cartridge can convert into new.
- Use in Ewood: Ewood is made from mixed plastic which is created from recycled toner cartridges. To make Ewood, the material is converted from their original form into another form which is used in furniture, fences etc. This plastic has a durable nature, therefore things created from it can run for a long time. Using this cartridge also save the environment from harvesting forests.
Hope the above information helps you to find valuable knowledge about printer cartridge recycling. Therefore, in order to save the environment, it is essential to recycle your old cartridge. If possible refilling them two or three times as it does not harm your system. But its a good idea as we had already discussed in our previous post about Refilled Toner Cartridge .